Dienstag, 27. September 2011

Bad Monkey!

We visited some danish guys on Sunday in Katoto, a village 40 min
from here. They are building a sustainable agriculture school tourism
project there(or something like that). Essentially its a lodge,
huge,with electricity and plombage. A very beautiful place they build
a year ago. Glenn and Julie are living there with their 2 small
children and 4 volonteers. At the end they want to get groups of 18
people there for 6 weeks : they start by doing some tourism and then
the next 3 weeks they work as a volonteer at the school they are
building. They plan to have 40 pupils at the school taugth by zambian
teachers and volonteers. They even plan to build an international
standard football field (90x40 m)! AND THIS IS IN THE MIDDLE OF
NOWHERE, ZAMBIA!
A very ambitious and impressive project. People were nice except for
the stupid monkey that sensed that I would not want it to climb on me
and then would not let go of me. Very annoying....it even squeezed
Markus nipple ! this was my fist monkey experience. Now I know I do
not like monkeys...
A German tourist joined us at the lodge on Saturday. He has been
travelling with his bike across Africa for 2 years and is now on his
way home. He will be leaving on Friday with the Liemba
(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Liemba) a very old german ship crossing from
Mpulungu to Kigoma, Tanzania, once a week.
Only two of us are diving, me not included. I am bored and I hope I'll
get better soon so we can go on with the project.

That the link to the danish project: http://www.eventure.dk/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen